Lunette menstrual cups are popular with women of all ages who prefer to use tampons but don't want to use disposable products. You too can escape the cycle of cost and waste around tampons with your own reusable Lunette cup.
The Lunette cup is made of medical-grade silicone. The cup collects fluids rather than absorbing them, keeping your superior interior naturally lubricated and healthy!
You empty the Lunette rather than change it, then wash it and reuse it.
- are hypoallergenic
- are easy to use
- save you money! You are investing in a menstrual solution that can last between 5-10 years
- are environmentally friendly
- can be worn during sports activity
- can be worn through the night and left in for up to 12 hours
Unlike tampons, you never ‘run out of Lunette’ because your menstrual cup runs around with you: in a pretty, convenient pouch, or in you during your cycle.
These reusable menstrual cups come with instructions for care, use and a cloth bag to store and carry your Lunette cup.
Relax, with Lunette, you can lose the leaks, and live your life.
Our Lunette suppliers tell us that when choosing the right size Lunette you should be guided by:
"...The amount of flow. We have noticed that this is the most important factor when choosing the right cup.
As a general rule we can say that the bigger cup is best for heavier flow and smaller cup for lighter flow."
The Lunette Cup Model 1 ...is our choice for light to moderate flow.
All Lunette menstrual cups are soft and pliable, however, Lunette Cup Model 1 is made of softer silicone than Lunette Cup Model 2.
- The diameter is 41 mm (1.6 inches) by 47 mm (1.9 inches).
- The stem measures 25 mm (1 inch).
- The volume of the cup is 25 ml (0.85 fl oz).
The Lunette Cup Model 2 ...is recommended for normal to heavier flow. All Lunette menstrual cups are soft and pliable, however, Lunette Cup Model 2 is made of firmer silicone than Lunette Cup Model 1.
- The diameter is 46 mm (1.8 inches) by 52 mm (2 inches).
- The stem measures 20 mm (0.8 inches).
- The volume of the cup is 30 ml (1.0 fl oz)
Which size should I choose?
Most cup manufacturers give a certain age as the defining factor when choosing the right size. However, choosing your cup isn't always that simple, since there are other matters to consider. There are many 14-year-old virgins using the bigger Lunette, and we also know middle-aged women who love the smaller Lunette.
Most women can use either cup, but one of them might be more comfortable in use.
Factors you should consider are:
1. The amount of flow. We have noticed that this is the most important factor when choosing the right cup. As a general rule we can say that the bigger cup is best for heavier flow and smaller cup for lighter flow.
2. Anatomy. Each woman's anatomy is different and because of this we sometimes recommend the smaller Lunette cup also for heavier flow and vice versa.
3. Age. The smaller Lunette cup was originally designed to make it easier for young girls to start using a cup. Young women usually have tighter vaginal muscles, and inserting the smaller cup might be easier. The muscles lose elasticity with age and many women transfer to the bigger cup at some point in their life.
There can be also hormonal changes, such as those in pregnancy. These changes can affect the amount of menstrual flow quite radically, making one cup better for you than the other.
As a rule of thumb we can say that the Lunette size 2 is suitable for most adult women.
4. Virginity. We recommend the smaller Lunette cup to be used before first sexual intercourse, even if you have heavy periods. Because your muscles and hymen are most likely quite tight, it is easier to insert the smaller Lunette.
5. If you have been pregnant. We recommend the Lunette cup size 2, because the shape of vagina changes during pregnancy. Hormones change your vaginal muscles and the hip bone structure.
6. Location of your cervix. With a thoroughly washed finger you can try if you can reach your cervix during menstruation. If your cervix sits very low, it is better to choose the smaller Lunette, since it is shorter and most likely fits better inside your vagina.
7. Active sports, e.g. yoga or pilates. Sports that strengthen the core muscles extensively, also work on pelvic floor muscles. Many women who actively and regularly do these sports have very strong vaginal muscles, also later in their life. In this case you might want to consider the Lunette size 1.
If you have any questions, please contact us to discuss your needs. We'll help you choose the Lunette cup to suit as closely as possible your individual needs.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other MyPads Reusable Menstrual and Incontinence Pads users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.